Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Lifechanging Weekend in Leunig Cartoons


In Australia we have a poet that is rather deep and eccentric, his name is Michael Leunig. He has been named a National Treasure because of his rare insight into human nature, and his intriguing perspective of how things work here in our universe. He came from a past of negativity and darkness as were his artistic creations, but then light began to crack through his shell and he found faith, and hope and love.

My life has been similar - 21 years of Social Anxiety Disorder - a life shadowed in every way by negativity and overwhelming fear. Healing from that was a wonderful experience and for the first time in my life I could feel the emotions of happiness and sadness. I remember crying one day and being so glad I could feel the warm tears running down my cheeks. I could finally feel. I could be real. I had the capacity to grow and change and risk and love and laugh.

I have been trying to get out of negative thinking cycles for years and improved greatly. The stress and worry has been reduced yet I still had some major fears in my life. The fear of rejection and the fear of success... Till this weekend!!!!

Is this how you feel? I must admit there have been times I have felt this same way. Life can get overwhelming. Enjoy this one minute animated video by Leunig!




Wouldn't it be amazing if we could get rid of those fears and negative thoughts, our defenses and walls? This weekend I was blessed to be sponsored to go through a Foundations 1 workshop. I played very hard! I was not afraid to reach into the dark places and reveal them into the light. I was not afraid to be honest about my struggles and share some of the most painful times of my life. I cried. I laughed. I danced. I let go. I accepted.

The next two videos are my favorites... I hope you enjoy as you continue this blog...






And love arrived. An honest insight into who I am. I am a Courageous and Free Beautiful Woman. My future has not yet been written. I do not want my life to be even touched with negativity and fear. I want my life to be covered by the light and peace of Jesus Christ who died so I could live life and live it abundantly. I no longer wish to believe in the lies I have told myself or been told by others. I need the truth. I need the truth of the Word of God. I need the truth of others who care enough to share with me my blind spots and I need the truth of myself to shine out in all its God created beauty.

My perspective of others is changing too. No matter how much darkness someone has - there is always a small flicker of light glowing inside them. A potential for change. A new beginning. A new transformation.




To end on a happy note. I have always dreamed of a life filled with child like wonder. Of joy and hope and to have no fear that brings shame or stops me from being ME! I pray that all of us, this Christmas, can enter into a new season of laughter and dancing and encouraging one another. Enjoy your family. Enjoy being present, soak in the love. Don't hold back speaking beauty into each others lives.




For more information on the Foundations for Tomorrow Weekend Workshops go to www.Foundations1.com

The next weekend will be held in:

Chattanooga, Tennessee on February 18-20, 2011
or Portland, Oregon on Jan 14 - 16, 2011


Have a blessed Christmas!

2 comments:

Nicki Carleton said...

If you experienced the Foundations course please leave a comment and if you enjoyed this post please become a 'follower' - In order to publish my book I am in need of a following - and I don't have many people yet!!!! Hope you enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Nicki, I also have a collection of Leunig cartoons - my favorite one ("We're all lying in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars")echos Psalms 121:2, "My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."
Blessings as you continue to inspire, write and teach us to connect with our Maker. Ynon