Sunday, August 2, 2009

Farewell to Hawaii

My journey in Hawaii has come to a close. What an incredible four months of sharing God's passion for prayer with so many beautiful people. I have made wonderful friends here and thank each one for the Aloha spirit and will miss the smiles, the ohana and the white sand and turquoise waters.

I want to thank especially Lt Chaplain Mark Hughes who allowed me to use his house and car while I was on the island and he was on deployment. Without this incredibly generous sacrifice there is no way I would have been able to stay and do so much ministry. I am so grateful. I found my way here because of the Seibel’s encouragement and hospitality and am overwhelmed to have been so blessed.

It will be a joy to leave knowing that God is taking me on a new adventure and has things to accomplish through me in different places around the world. Sometimes I feel a bit guilty because I enjoy traveling, seeing beauty and doing new things so much but God knows what makes me happy and gives me the desires of my heart as I follow after him - other people have stability and jobs and family but luckily I am able to travel and do some random unique work that other people may not be able or want to do so I happily oblige... I love being a pilgrim, a missionary, a disciple.

I would ask that you continue to pray for me as the Spirit may prompt you in the next few months. My ministry usually involves an incredible amount of spiritual warfare but as I enter into new territories I know that it will increase. Here is my mission:

Sharing the gospel with the remote Tarahumarra People in the Copper Canyon Mexico .

Flying back to my base in Chattanooga Tenneesee to establish a permanent prayer room in the Collegedale Church .

Flying to Ireland , where I will be going to UK, France and Amsterdam working with 24-7 Prayer Boiler Rooms as they build prayer rooms in schools, and visiting the international gathering of the www.24-7Prayer.com leaders. I may also be putting on some interactive worship events at Newbold and Cologne colleges.

I will be helping to host a Women's Retreat, Mission and Safari in Kenya in October - if you or others would like to attend this incredible opportunity in Masai Mara please contact me.

Then I have been invited to go to Malawi for a three week evangelistic event for prayer and sharing the love of God.


How do I know God is my guide? My little miracle story...

The day I was to book my ticket to Europe I asked God, “Do you really want me to go to Europe it feels so selfish... is this what you want me to do?” I have been wanting to go to a 24-7 prayer gathering for two years now to find encouragement with other people in full time faith ministry like me that build prayer rooms and change the culture of prayer all over the world. So I asked God to speak to me and give me a sign as a confirmation. I asked him to guide me as I opened my Bible. I asked him to make the first text I looked at an encouragement to book my ticket.

Here's where me eye fell to the instant I opened my Bible.

Paul's Plan to Visit Rome

23But now that there is no more place for me to work in these regions, and since I have been longing for many years to see you, 24I plan to do so when I go to Spain . I hope to visit you while passing through and to have you assist me on my journey there, after I have enjoyed your company for a while. 25Now, however, I am on my way to Jerusalem in the service of the saints there. 26For Macedonia and Achaia were pleased to make a contribution for the poor among the saints in Jerusalem . 27They were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews' spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings. 28So after I have completed this task and have made sure that they have received this fruit, I will go to Spain and visit you on the way. 29I know that when I come to you, I will come in the full measure of the blessing of Christ.

30I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me. 31Pray that I may be rescued from the unbelievers in Judea and that my service in Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints there, 32so that by God's will I may come to you with joy and together with you be refreshed. 33The God of peace be with you all. Amen. Romans 15.23-33


As the tears fell I realized that I had God’s blessing and that his desire was to travel with me and we would enjoy doing this ministry together. I always thought I was working for God. At the same time I also knew that my ministry was 100% God and 0% me. I knew that his Holy Spirit was the one that inspired and produced all the ideas and gave me the strength to do it. Now I was seeing it from a different angle ~ I was assisting God on his mission and he enjoyed my company! I love this revelation of God’s heart and hope that you are encouraged too by this. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I will be protected and guided and comforted, that all my needs will be supplied. I also look forward to some incredible times of ministry where I will be surprised by God. My faith has been increased as I know that it is all completely within God’s will. Great things happen with great faith and a Great God.

This is not the first time God has confirmed his will in such a razzle-dazzle way. Be encouraged to seek the heart and will of God. To hear his voice and confirm it so you are living and breathing the will of God.

Be blessed on the journey.

Nicola Carleton (Nicki Carleton - facebook)
i Believe!
Blissful Ministries
407-873-2809

If you would like to make a tax deductible donation in support of this ministry please email me!

PHOTOS: Different prayer rooms in Hawaii

Praise the LORD, all you servants of the LORD who minister by night in the house of the LORD.
Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the LORD.
May the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth, bless you from Zion.
A song of ascents. Psalm 134

No comments: