Thursday, November 25, 2010

Financial Miracles


A little while ago, I was confronted about the reality of my life, until I burst into tears. My friend who is a financial adviser finally gave me three options that I had to make a choice from.

Option 1. Go back to Australia and find employment.
Option 2. Marry a rich man.
Option 3. Continue to do ministry allowing the Lord to move on donors hearts to give regularly in support.

The reason I burst into tears was because I really don't like thinking about money but I finally knew I needed to rise above my fears and face making some changes at the crossroads I then stood. Each of these three options above involve something about money and I realize that even though I do a ministry with no focus on making money - I do have to spend money to eat, to travel, to do ministry, to have health insurance and to live in this world of economics. Some people would think it a complete miracle that I can live on so little without a need to spend money. And living on around $200 a month has worked so far because I have no debt, only a few bills and have no need of buying any possessions, because I live out of a suitcase. So over the years in ministry I have been intrigued to learn about God's finances and God's miracles.

Nicki with Rajab - a tiny little Muslim boy who loved Jesus
I have been learning the difference between being a full time volunteer (who gives of their excesses) and a full time church worker (who gets a full wage)and a full time disciple/minister (who is funded through the Body of Christ). I fall into the last category in my independent prayer ministry going from church to church and country to country. I have worked as all three at various times and have seen how differently one is perceived in each category and what is expected of you and how you are treated. Let me tell you it has been very hard to live a life like a disciple. Various opinions emerge because not many people can comprehend what it is like to live like this. Some think you do not need money, people assume women prayer warriors and ministry volunteers should give happily to the church for free and sometimes I feel some would rather me get a job to provide for myself which would mean I would have to quit this ministry. I understand the deep protestant work ethic we have been raised with. That is why it has taken me six months to get up the courage to put out this newsletter, but hopefully it will be an interesting teaching from a different perspective.
Hiding Under His Wings
Like this Mother Hen we can be Sheltered under Gods Wings
Time after time I read in the Bible about an early church who supported many who became disciples to minister to the Body of Christ (1 John). I read about the Levites who were completely taken care of financially by the other tribes even in retirement. And I read over and over about how God will take care of our every little need, even the desires of our hearts. I have been so blessed to see these miracles first hand so I know it is possible. God will never let me go hungry. In fact I believe that he will send manna from heaven if we ever get desperate. I love to see how he is blessing and sustaining the work of missionaries and full time ministers around the world through the contributions from the Body of Christ. His economy is very different to ours. But he expects us to live with open hands, to give generously so there is a domino effect of blessing when the money passes through the Body of Christ. Even with my small income I sponsor a child in Nepal and a female Chinese underground minister through Voice of the Martyrs. I love to hear the stories of what is happening to transform other lives because of my small part.

God lead me to recently read the book by Roger Steer - "George Muller - Delighted in God". It is such a powerful book, speaking on marriage, conflict in the church and trusting in God. I highly recommend it. My heart yearns to 'delight in God' every moment of every day, what peace that speaks of and total trust in all things...

Lotus Flower Opening in our Front Garden.
George died in 1898 just a few years before my grandfather was born. He took care of thousands of orphans without ever asking another human being for money - he just prayed about each need and expected God to speak to people and put it on their hearts to give him money or goods! He lived like this to never manipulate people but to see the power of God working through people and to give all the glory to God. Do you realize that only a few generations ago these sort of miracles were happening? Not centuries ago back in Bible times but here was someone that proved that just a few years ago God was still working to fund ministries and missionaries around the world that were brave enough to leave everything behind and give their whole lives in the service of God and the Body of Christ. The legacy of George Muller is incredible - if you look at how many nations and people he nurtured financially, physically and spiritually. And his inspiration lives on through the lives of many of my friends as we learn to trust in God alone.
After six years of enjoying a challenging prayer ministry and working for various churches in different countries around the world, I have come to a new crossroad. This takes a lot of trust in God. But I believe that God will work out everything for his glory.

My New Prayer Journal...I am spending time seeking the answers from God as he has told me without a shadow of a doubt that it is His will for me to continue in ministry for this next year (although the ministry may change) and he is going to teach me how to trust. I see close friends who are sold out for Jesus Christ and have an intimate prayer life also doing the same thing, giving up their jobs to go into full time ministry depending on God to supply their needs through the Body of Christ. I have hundreds of friends who are in full time ministry either with Youth With a Mission www.ywam.org - the largest mission training organization in the world or www.24-7prayer.com - now the largest prayer movement in history.... most are in full time supported ministry. Many have prayed the radical prayer, "Lord send me into the harvest, wherever you send me I will go". These courageous people are in full time ministry because of generous donors who believe in what they are doing and want to be part of seeing the transformation of people's lives before Jesus comes again.

It is not easy to choose this lifestyle and to be honest it is hard for me to live like this as a single woman in ministry and working in a traditional church that does not usually support independent ministries. It is taking a lot of courage to put out this newsletter - it has been waiting for six months!!! So thank you for being part of Blissful Ministries... Please keep celebrating the goodness of God with me for every answered prayer.

I am also looking for not only regular financial supporters, but people who want to pray for this ministry. All I am asking through this newsletter is that we all practice asking God who we should give to, allowing him to speak to us and move our hearts to give where and when he wants us to give.

George Muller put out financial reports so I will try to do the same.

My income so far:

2009 Total Income: US$ 4143.00
January - October 2010 Total Income: US $2250

I believe he will supply my needs through generous people in the Body of Christ. If you would like to support me monthly or yearly I have several options so please contact me or find details on my website www.BlissfulMinistries.com

Thank you for allowing this ministry to glorify God with the stories of his goodness.


Are You Ready for the incredible
Power and Wisdom of George Muller?

A businessman looked at some reports sent out by Muller and said "While I was thus considering whether God was really with you, and whether you really obtained simply by faith and in answer to prayer these large sums of money, I heard of a certain property to be sold, which I thought I would like to buy...I then said to myself, in a kind of skeptical way, I will now see whether God is with Mr Muller or not. If I get this property for so much (fixing a low price on it), I will give Mr Muller 100 pounds... "

[The result of the auction was that he indeed got the property for the exact price he fixed.] "I was astonished. But I began now to reflect more on the principles on which you act, and I wondered, that, as a Christian, I or anyone else could call in question what you say about answers to prayer; and the more I consider the matter, and the more I read your Report, the more I see how right and proper it is, to come to God for all we need, and to trust in Him for everything." p167

The Orphans of George Muller never went HungryGeorge Muller had "an inner peace: a delight in God cradled in the experience of answered prayer. 'I cannot tell you,' he told a friend, 'how happy this service in which I am engaged makes me. Instead of my being the anxious, careworn man so many persons think me to be, I have no anxieties and no cares at all. Faith in God leads me to roll my burdens, all my burdens, upon God. Not only burdens concerning money, but burdens concerning everything, for hundreds are my necessities besides those connected with money. In every way I find God to be my helper, even as I trust in Him for everything, and pray to Him in child-like simplicity about everything...I have found invariable, during my long life as a believer, that if I only believed, I was sure to get in God's time the thing I asked for.'" p 307

Wisdom of George Muller
  1. Careful reading of the word of God, combined with meditation on it.
  2. Maintain an upright heart and a good conscience, for faith with every fresh trial of it either increases by trusting God, and thus getting help, or it decrease by not trusting Him; and then there is less and less power of looking simply and directly to Him, and a habit of self-dependence is begotten and encouraged.'
  3. For those who wanted their faith increased not to shrink from situations where their faith might be tested and thus strengthened so during trying times the believer 'may see the hand of God stretched out on his behalf.' Do not shrink away from standing with God alone.
  4. It is important that 'we let God work for us, when the hour of the trial of our faith comes, and do not work a deliverance of our own...just wait...

To those who have never yet embarked on a life of faith, two brief sentences on the theme of 'Christianity' written by Muller 135 years ago bear repeating today: 'There is life,' he wrote, "and power, and reality in our holy faith. If you never yet have known this, then come and taste for yourself.'

'The Living God is with us, whose power never fails, whose arm never grows weary, whose wisdom is infinite and whose power is unchanging. Therefore today, tomorrow and next month, as long as life is continued, He will be our helper and friend. Still more, even as He is through all time, so will He be through all eternity.'

For more read the book by Roger Steer 'George Muller - Delighted in God'

To those friends who are about to give it all up or start stepping out, I pray that you will grow daily in your faith and learn to be delighted in God as you trust that he has your very heart in his hands and as you walk with him he will lead you through incredible experiences. You will see the power of God flowing through you and you will see that the supernatural world is where 'reality' can be found. I pray for you strength, wisdom, discernment, understanding and for patience, for humility, for brokenness and for contentment and joy in every circumstance.

"Contentment is the only real wealth." - Alfred Nobel

"Brokenness is the way of blessing, the way of fragrance, the way of fruitfulness ... Meekness is the sign of brokenness." - Watchman Nee

To Finish, Philippians 4:10-20 (NIV) says:

Mary Listening to the Desires of Jesus Heart"I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles. Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only; for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid again and again when I was in need. Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account. I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen."


Be blessed in the name and power of Jesus Christ.

Nicki Carleton
I Believe!

If you would like to see pictures or stories of more adventures go to:

No comments: